Phoenix, date – phoenixNAP®, a global IT services provider offering security-focused cloud infrastructure, dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, and specialized Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technology solutions, today announced upcoming launch of the latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors (codename Ice Lake) within its Bare Metal Cloud portfolio. As Intel’s launch partner, phoenixNAP will be among the first few providers to offer systems based on the latest generation Intel CPUs.
With higher core counts, increased DDR4 memory speed and capacity, Enhanced Intel Deep Learning Boost, and extended encryption capabilities through the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology, the new 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors provide new security capabilities and performance when compared to previous versions of the technology. The 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors also bring an increased number of Intel Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) channels and upgraded Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512), supporting even the heaviest computational workloads such as modeling and simulation, data analytics, machine learning, and digital content creation. Through support for Intel Optane SSDs and Intel Optane persistent memory 200 series (Intel Optane DCPMM), the systems deliver low latency, high endurance, and breakthrough system memory capacity.
phoenixNAP will make the new 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors available enabling organizations to leverage their potential for the widest variety of deployments and use cases The enhanced throughput and CPU frequencies enable greater performance efficiencies, while the focus on confidential computing and advanced hardware-level encryption features will provide improved data security.
“We have had a great partnership with Intel for years and we are excited to continue improving speed, flexibility, and operational efficiency of our IaaS platforms using their technology,” said Ian McClarty, President of phoenixNAP.
“Our clients will soon get access to the new 3rd Gen Xeon Scalable CPUs for improved performance, lowered TCO, and enhanced data protection. Through automated server provisioning with our Bare Metal Cloud platform, organizations can significantly reduce deployment and management complexities, while taking advantage of flexible billing models.”
Through Intel SGX, the platform will provide an option to enable confidential computing within Intel’s most researched, updated, and battle-tested trusted execution environment (TEE) for the data center.
Bare Metal Cloud will provides access to the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor-enabled instances through an API-driven deployment. This will make it possible for organizations to access advanced performance systems in minutes, manage their instances using popular Infrastructure as Code tools, and leverage hourly billing and monthly reservation models for greater cost efficiencies.
“Protecting data is essential to extracting value from it and the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor helps organizations solve their toughest data challenges while improving data confidentiality and integrity,” said Greg Ernst, Intel Vice President and General Manager, US Sales.”
“Bare Metal Cloud provides access to the 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processor-enabled instances through an API-driven deployment as well as UI and CLI. This will make it possible for organizations to access advanced performance systems in minutes, manage their instances using popular Infrastructure as Code tools, and leverage hourly billing and monthly reservation models for greater cost efficiencies.” said William Bell, Executive VP of Product at phoenixNAP
“The introduction of cutting-edge technologies like the 3rd generation Intel Xeon Scalable systems goes hand in hand with the continuous development of our Bare Metal Cloud. We maintain a strong focus on supporting automation and tooling for modern applications deployment and management. At the same time, we always aim to fulfill hard performance and security requirements that our clients expect of us. Intel’s latest technology helps us reach that goal at a truly global scale as we keep expanding our Bare Metal Cloud locations across continents.” said Martin Wielomski, Director of Product at phoenixNAP.
Benefits of 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors on phoenixNAP platforms:
- Performance made flexible – change between four different performance profiles on demand leveraging the unique vertical CPU scaling capability available with FlexServers.
- Automated deployment with BMC – phoenixNAP’s Bare Metal Cloud platform enables automated provisioning of systems based on 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
- Confidential computing capability – security is made flexible with dual socket support powered by Intel SGX to help reduce risk and protect even the most sensitive workloads.
- Breakthrough memory capacity – with support for Intel Optane persistent memory (PMem).
- Cost Effectiveness – Reduce TCO through optimized performance, scalability, and maximum security.
For more information about phoenixNAP’s server and cloud solutions fueled by the latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors please visit:
Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
Recent Press Releases
- phoenixNAP Works with Global Secure Layer to Enhance Connectivity to and from Australia
- phoenixNAP and Inflect Collaborate to Provide Solutions for Companies with Specialized Workload and Infrastructure Requirements
- phoenixNAP Enables Out-of-the-Box Network Storage Implementations in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Offers a Secure Cloud VPN Service Through GoodAccess
- phoenixNAP Adds New Usability, Availability, and Network Features to Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Enables One-Click Kubernetes Deployments in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP adds Avesha KubeSlice™ to Provide Automation for Multi Cluster Kubernetes Deployments on Bare Metal Cloud