Phoenix, AZ, September 14th, 2022 – phoenixNAP®, a global IT services provider offering security-focused cloud infrastructure, dedicated servers, colocation, and specialized Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technology solutions, released today a Network Storage feature within its Bare Metal Cloud platform. This option enables Bare Metal Cloud users to extend storage capacity on their instance without hardware updates or performance degradations. Network Storage can be requested and implemented through the Bare Metal Cloud interface in only a few clicks.
As an affordable, out-of-the-box storage option, Bare Metal Cloud Network Storage enables businesses to meet their needs for advanced storage capacity cost-effectively. This high-capacity system can handle terabytes of data without performance penalties, which is why it is often used to store large volumes of unstructured data. Highly scalable and competitively priced, the solution is ideal for storing archival data, backups, and extensive databases. Organizations looking to optimize their storage use without complex hardware upgrades can leverage Bare Metal Cloud to automatically provision both infrastructure and network storage.
“With the release of Network Storage, we are expanding our storage-as-a-service options in Bare Metal Cloud,” said Ron Cadwell, CEO of phoenixNAP. “Together with our S3 API-compatible Object Storage service, Network Storage provides critical resources to organizations handling large volumes of highly dynamic data. Available at competitive price points, both services enable organizations to optimize their storage costs and ensure advanced scalability. With Network Storage, a resilient, out-of-the-box storage system, we are taking simplicity to a new level, enabling near-instant implementations through our Bare Metal Cloud web UI.”
phoenixNAP Network Storage release follows a series of feature additions on Bare Metal Cloud. Shortly after adding Public Network IP blocks, simplifying IP management, and enabling highly available Kubernetes cluster deployment, phoenixNAP is introducing Network Storage as another major feature intended to empower infrastructure optimization. Adding storage-as-a-service capabilities to Bare Metal Cloud allows organizations to choose between multiple available options based on their needs.
“Organizations that handle large amounts of data need an easy way to scale their storage while keeping costs under control”, said Martin Wielomski, Director of Products and Infrastructure Services at phoenixNAP. “This is exactly what Network Storage enables through a simplified implementation process and a comprehensive billing model. We believe this new feature will provide significant value to Bare Metal Cloud users whose storage needs grow dynamically. Together with the platform’s other technical capabilities, Network Storage provides DevOps teams and automation-focused organizations with advanced flexibility in infrastructure management, contributing to great business outcomes.”
phoenixNAP’s Bare Metal Cloud is designed to offer flexibility and resilience to organizations relying on infrastructure automation to streamline their CI/CD pipelines. Its advanced hardware, flexible billing options, competitive bandwidth prices, and hourly and monthly billing options enable organizations to modernize their IT, improve productivity, and accelerate release timeframes.
The platform can be deployed in a matter of minutes via API, CLI, and Infrastructure-as-Code modules. Through integration with a popular container orchestration system, Bare Metal Cloud enables the streamlined deployment of upstream and downstream Kubernetes clusters. 15 TB of free bandwidth is included with every account, and flexible packages of up to 1000 TB are available for more advanced needs.
Bare Metal Cloud Features:
- 100% dedicated physical CPU, RAM, and storage
- 40+ server instance types optimized for general-purpose, compute, memory, or edge workloads
- Up to 50 Gbps network capacity with private networking options
- 15 TB free bandwidth with flexible bandwidth packages
- Easy-to-use API and CLI tools
- Automated server provisioning with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Ansible, Pulumi, Chef, and Puppet)
- Repos, Actions, and SDKs available on GitHub
- Hourly billing option, discounts for monthly and yearly reservations
Recent Press Releases
- phoenixNAP Works with Global Secure Layer to Enhance Connectivity to and from Australia
- phoenixNAP and Inflect Collaborate to Provide Solutions for Companies with Specialized Workload and Infrastructure Requirements
- phoenixNAP Enables Out-of-the-Box Network Storage Implementations in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Offers a Secure Cloud VPN Service Through GoodAccess
- phoenixNAP Adds New Usability, Availability, and Network Features to Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Enables One-Click Kubernetes Deployments in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP adds Avesha KubeSlice™ to Provide Automation for Multi Cluster Kubernetes Deployments on Bare Metal Cloud