Phoenix, AZ, March 27, 2019 – phoenixNAP®, a global IT services provider offering security-focused cloud infrastructure, dedicated servers, colocation, and specialized Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technology solutions, today, announced its participation in the early ship program for future Intel Xeon Scalable processors. Future Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors are architected for high-performance computing (HPC), artificial Intelligence (AI), and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) workloads.
Some of the features of future Intel Xeon Scalable processor include extended memory with support for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory, improved inference acceleration with Intel® Deep Learning Boost (including Intel’s Vector Neural Network Instructions). As part of Intel’s early ship program, phoenixNAP will be one of the first Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers to offer servers with the new generation processors from multiple global locations.
“The innovative features of future Intel® Xeon Scalable processors will bring ground-breaking changes in the data center space,” said Ian McClarty, president at phoenixNAP. “With up to 28 high clock speed cores per socket and Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory, future Intel® Xeon Scalable processors provides more power, better security, and high-performance processing. We are excited to work with Intel to enable earliest access to their new workload-optimization technology.”
“Future Intel® Xeon Scalable processors are another significant step that Intel is making towards the optimization of AI and HPC workloads,” said William Bell, Executive Vice President of Products at phoenixNAP. “We are proud to be a part of the innovation as one of the first companies to offer access to the new processors.”
“The ability to support 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory modules alongside DRAM is a key enabler for applications working with large in memory datasets,” said Martin Wielomski, Director of Products – Infrastructure Services at phoenixNAP. “The implementation of Intel® Deep Learning Boost, future Intel Xeon Scalable processors drastically increases its performance for Deep learning and AI inference workloads.”
phoenixNAP is a Premier Service Provider in the VMware vCloud® Air™ Network Program and a Platinum Veeam Cloud & Service Provider partner. phoenixNAP is also a PCI DSS Validated Service Provider and its flagship facility is SOC Type 1 and SOC Type 2 audited.
Recent Press Releases
- phoenixNAP Works with Global Secure Layer to Enhance Connectivity to and from Australia
- phoenixNAP and Inflect Collaborate to Provide Solutions for Companies with Specialized Workload and Infrastructure Requirements
- phoenixNAP Enables Out-of-the-Box Network Storage Implementations in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Offers a Secure Cloud VPN Service Through GoodAccess
- phoenixNAP Adds New Usability, Availability, and Network Features to Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Enables One-Click Kubernetes Deployments in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP adds Avesha KubeSlice™ to Provide Automation for Multi Cluster Kubernetes Deployments on Bare Metal Cloud