Phoenix, AZ, May 7, 2019 – phoenixNAP®, a global IT services provider offering security-focused cloud infrastructure, dedicated servers, colocation, and specialized Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technology solutions, today announced the establishment of a new network point of presence (PoP) in Milan, Italy. With the Milan node, phoenixNAP brings its European presence to a total of six locations, two of which are full service production nodes – Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Belgrade, Serbia.
The Milan location follows the recent addition of network nodes in Warsaw, Poland; Madrid, Spain; and Sydney, Australia. These nodes enable phoenixNAP to provide connectivity into all major European and global interconnectivity points, ensuring maximum network speeds and low latency for its customers. With data center and PoP locations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Australia, phoenixNAP has a robust network foo
“The launch of the Milan node is another important milestone in our European expansion,” said Ian McClarty, President of phoenixNAP. “Our global network locations are strategically selected to support the location-based IT needs of our customers in Europe and those in the U.S. that would like to expand to Europe. As a major metro area and an IT hub, Milan will give a significant boost to our high-speed network.”
Providing access to all major European and global fiber routes, Milan is one of the most significant network hubs in Italy. This strategic new node is a significant extension of phoenixNAP’s global data center network that now includes 14 locations across the globe. Such a geographic distribution ensures 100% uptime across locations and offers 2.35 Tbps of connectivity between data centers. Global organizations can leverage this capacity to achieve uptime, resiliency, and security for their critical workloads.
“Current IT needs increasingly rely on geographical distribution and we are proud to support the organizations we work with in that respect,” said William Bell, Executive Vice President of Products at phoenixNAP. “The launch of the Milan node marks another step on our journey to expanding our global footprint and we will be adding further strategic locations in the following months.”
phoenixNAP is a Premier Service Provider in the VMware vCloud® Air™ Network Program and a Platinum Veeam Cloud & Service Provider partner. phoenixNAP is also a PCI DSS Validated Service Provider and its flagship facility is SOC Type 1 and SOC Type 2 audited.
Recent Press Releases
- phoenixNAP and Inflect Collaborate to Provide Solutions for Companies with Specialized Workload and Infrastructure Requirements
- phoenixNAP Enables Out-of-the-Box Network Storage Implementations in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Offers a Secure Cloud VPN Service Through GoodAccess
- phoenixNAP Adds New Usability, Availability, and Network Features to Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Enables One-Click Kubernetes Deployments in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP adds Avesha KubeSlice™ to Provide Automation for Multi Cluster Kubernetes Deployments on Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Launches a Bare Metal Cloud Edge at American Tower Edge Data Center in Austin, Texas