Phoenix, AZ, September 29, 2020 – phoenixNAP®, a global IT services provider offering security-focused cloud infrastructure, dedicated servers, colocation, and specialized Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technology solutions, today announced the official launch of Bare Metal Cloud, a new server platform that enables modern businesses, DevOps-oriented and Cloud-Native focused organizations to harness the unmatched performance of dedicated hardware with the flexibility and cost-efficiency of the Cloud.
Bare Metal Cloud is a non-virtualized, single-tenant physical server infrastructure that can be provisioned in a matter of minutes. As such, it represents the ideal platform for organizations looking to improve their operational efficiencies through automation. Its hourly billing model makes it easy for organizations to optimize their IT costs and maximize the use of server resources. Organizations can deploy additional resources quickly and cost-efficiently to support sudden spikes in demand. Simultaneously, organizations with more predictable workloads that need guaranteed resource availability can take advantage of a longer monthly reservations option.
Running on powerful hardware, Bare Metal Cloud is optimized for compute and storage-intensive workloads such as enterprise databases, media and streaming, high-performance computing, Big Data analytics, the IoT, and variable web services. Its powerful API, CLI, and integrations with third-party automation tools aim to support CI/CD pipelines and a cloud-native approach to infrastructure consumption. With no virtualization layer, Bare Metal Cloud utilizes the full processing potential of the physical CPU and RAM to run data-hungry workloads more efficiently. As a single-tenant environment, it eliminates the “noisy neighbor” problem and provides unrestricted hardware-level access. This enables users to optimize their performance and scale their environments to meet specific business requirements.
“Officially launching Bare Metal Cloud is a monumental achievement as it bolsters our commitment to delivering innovative solutions,” said Ian McClarty, President of phoenixNAP.
“Cloud-native ready IaaS platforms are on track to dominate the cloud computing space. As automation continues to power rapid development and deployment, modern organizations require more flexibility and speed when deploying high-performance bare metal servers. Bare Metal Cloud solves that issue. It helps enterprises and DevOps-oriented organizations significantly reduce capital expenses, improve go-to-market strategies, and deliver software solutions faster.”
Designed to support DevOps workflows, Bare Metal Cloud comes equipped with robust API and CLI tools. Using popular automation engines and Bare Metal Cloud API, developers can treat their infrastructure as code, simplifying the process of deploying and managing servers at scale.
“Our team has been working hard for over a year to build this powerful, cloud-native ready IaaS platform and they did an amazing job with this release,” added William Bell, Executive Vice President of Products at phoenixNAP.
“We will continue our work, enhancing the platform with powerful new features to satisfy our customers’ performance, compliance, and networking needs. Bare Metal Cloud will only grow more robust as we keep developing it and expanding our global footprint with additional BMC locations in the years to come.”
“Bare Metal Cloud was developed in response to our clients’ needs for ultra-fast network connectivity and more flexibility in deploying cloud-native apps on bare metal machines. With our network connectivity options of up to 50Gbps per Bare Metal Cloud server instance, users can run latency-sensitive and high IOPS workloads with ease,” stated Martin Wielomski, Director of Product Management at phoenixNAP.
“We are proud to have been able to respond to our customers’ needs by building and delivering a platform that will truly improve their cloud operations and support their automated approach to infrastructure consumption.”
Bare Metal Cloud is currently available in Phoenix and Ashburn with plans to expand the infrastructure to Amsterdam, Singapore, and other phoenixNAP global locations.
Key Bare Metal Cloud Features:
- 100% dedicated physical CPU and RAM resources
- No hypervisors or other virtualization layers pre-installed
- Single-tenant environment; no resource sharing
- Robust API and CLI tools; SDK available on GitHub
- Automated, API-driven server provisioning with Terraform, Ansible, and Pulumi
- Flexible pay-per-user hourly billing model
- Reserved instances for guaranteed resource availability and cost optimization
- Powered by next-gen Intel Xeon processors and Supermicro hardware
- Up to 50Gbps network capacity for selected BMC instances
- DDoS protection included
- High performance NVMe local storage
- Dedicated BMC management portal
- Access to phoenixNAP S3 compatible Object Storage
- Near instant compute resources availability
- Fully self-service infrastructure consumption
phoenixNAP Bare Metal Cloud services are readily available today. Visit the Bare Metal Cloud page to learn more.
Recent Press Releases
- phoenixNAP Enables Centralized Access to Veeam-Powered Services
- phoenixNAP Deploys Crown Castle IP Transit at its Flagship Data Center in Phoenix
- phoenixNAP Enables Automated Provisioning of Servers with 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
- phoenixNAP Works with Global Secure Layer to Enhance Connectivity to and from Australia
- phoenixNAP and Inflect Collaborate to Provide Solutions for Companies with Specialized Workload and Infrastructure Requirements
- phoenixNAP Enables Out-of-the-Box Network Storage Implementations in Bare Metal Cloud
- phoenixNAP Offers a Secure Cloud VPN Service Through GoodAccess